Since Apple introduced its iPad Pro model, users have often wondered: Can it replace a laptop? It made sense: the 12.9-inch iPad Pro comes with a powerful processor, it has a large screen, so you can do more on a tablet. In addition, you can buy a removable keyboard cover so that it works more or less like a computer.
But can the 12.9-inch Apple iPad Pro completely replace a laptop? Opinions are divided.
Let’s start with an overview of the recent iPad Pro specifications.
Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Tablet 2021
The new iPad Pro was released just a few months ago in April, and it has caused a lot of buzz in the gadget market. One of the most interesting features by far is the addition of the Apple M1 chip. Thanks to this, the tablet is very powerful and fast, and the overall user experience is really seamless.
February 5, 2019:
- 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED with backlit multi-touch display
- Resolution 2732 x 2048
- True Tone and promotional technology
- contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1
- Fingerprint-resistant anti-reflective coating
- Apple Pencil 2nd Generation support
- Pro camera system: wide and ultra wide cameras
- Width: 12MP, aperture f/1.8
- Ultra-wide: 10MP, ƒ/2.4 aperture and 125 degree field of view
- 2x optical zoom out / up to 5x digital zoom
- 5-element lens (wide and ultra-wide)
- Autofocus with focus points (wide)
- Intelligent HDR 3
- Cumshot on the face
- Automatic image stabilization
- Burst mode
Connectivity and buttons:
- Top button and volume control
- Five Microphones
- Four speakers
- Magnetic connector
- Thunderbolt / USB 4
- Smart Connector
- Nano-SIM Tray
Storage and RAM options:
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB and 2TB storage options available
- I don’t have an account yet.
- I entered the code above
- Face ID, activated by the TrueDepth camera
- LiDAR Scanner
- Three-axis gyroscope
- Ambient light sensor
- 40.88w li-poly rechargeable battery
- Up to 10 hours of continuous streaming and web browsing
Weight and dimensions:
- the 12.9-inch model weighs 1.5 lbs
- 8.46 (W) x 11.04 (H) x 0.25(D) – in inches
How exactly can an Apple iPad Pro 12.9 work as a laptop
As you can see from the specifications, the tablet is quite large, which may be a problem for some. If you use it strictly as a tablet, you probably won’t need such a large screen. But artists and digital creators will greatly benefit from what the 12.9-inch iPad Pro has to offer.
Still, the big question is: Can this iPad be the main gadget in your daily life? As for the material, it certainly can, without a doubt. But whether the 12.9-inch iPad Pro can replace a laptop or not depends on how you use it.
For example, if your work requires running specific Windows applications and creating many spreadsheets, a laptop would be better suited for this, or maybe even a Mac Mini desktop computer.
However, if you edit a lot of media and often work on the go, you may have just found yourself a powerful laptop replacement.
Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch as a laptop: advantages
Some of the most obvious advantages include:
- More global responsiveness
- Ergonomic but with more power
- Excellent battery life
- Stylus support (Apple Pencil)
- Thunderbolt for fast file transfer
- Support for 5G LTE
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch as a laptop: accessories
Even with all that power, there are some things the new iPad Pro can’t do. Example:
- Connecting the external monitor is often a problem
- Extremely high price tag, even for basic models
- Depending on what you are doing, iPadOS may be restricted
- You have to spend more on the Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad 12.9, the trackpad and the mouse
Using the resale value of Apple’s iPad
There are many ways to discover yourself from an not-known technology. But if you are looking for sustainable alternatives for the planet and your wallet, why not sell your used iPad online?
The selling value of a used Apple iPad depends of course on the model, specifications and general condition, but here are some examples for the most popular models:
- An iPad Air 3 256GB Wi-Fi user can go online
- An old Apple iPad Pro 2020 10.5-inch 64GB LTE version.
- And if you are wondering how to sell a used iPad for maximum profit or what are the best places to sell an iPad, feel free to browse our blog. We have had many messages on the subject.
Ultimately, the question of whether Apple’s 12.9-inch iPad Pro can replace a laptop depends entirely on how you use your gadgets. And it quite easily becomes the main device for some, replacing a laptop or even a PC. But those who are still wondering may miss the key point: Apple did not plan for their iPad Pro to be a computer replacement. Instead, it is intended to be used in conjunction with other Apple devices. But for an additional gadget in your arsenal, even as powerful as the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, the price is not something we can justify. In addition, many would say that the M1 chip on a tablet is exaggerated. However, an Apple iPad Pro tablet is unique, with no real competition afterwards. Yet